Saturday, February 1, 2014

ROLE

pic from veronikalove.com
What's Your Role? by RENOVATE

This is something I've wondered for a while now. If you haven't already noticed, it's pretty common for people to point out over and over and over that it's the man's job to take the initiative and pursue. Yet no one really talks about what the woman's job is. What do you ladies think it is?





MY RESPONSE
The Maiden’s Job/Role vis-à-vis Rebekah


Genesis 24:15 that behold, Rebekah, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, came out with her pitcher on her shoulder. 16 Now the young woman was very beautiful to behold, a virgin; no man had known her.

:45 “…there was Rebekah, coming out with her pitcher on her shoulder;…….‘Drink, and I will give your camels a drink also.’ ….‘Whose daughter are you?

:55 But her brother and her mother said, “Let the young woman stay with us a few days, at least ten; after that she may go.”

:57 So they said, “We will call the young woman and ask her personally.” 58 Then they called Rebekah and said to her, “Will you go with this man?”

And she said, “I will go.”

1. Make oneself available (and visible)
One would not be engaged in a relationship if she isolates herself. She should be sociable and must refrain from isolating herself. However, she should be with the right crowd and occasion. (definitely NOT in the club)


2. Productive when found and exhibit kindness
A bum does not have strong arms to carry a pitcher. Lazy people are not attractive at all. A Christian girl is inclined into helping others and is a good steward of her time, skill and other gifts.


3. Preserve purity
God’s temple is holy. We all know the wisdom behind upholding purity 

4. Identified to be the Lord’s daughter
The fruit reflects the essence of its Bearer. Girls should be Christ-like.

5. Decides for herself
While the family’s approval has weight in choosing a partner but our decision should be personal. It must be God’s will above all else’s mind on the matter.


If ever I would be pursued, I will be candid to him as to the real score and would do my best not to give him false hopes. I will respond according to my personal convictions anchored on my faith in Jesus. I personally believe that God would guide me on how to deal with it. For me, it is wise NEVER to assume that the guy likes (bigtime) a girl unless the guy tells her so. There’s a lot of problems arose of miscommunications or the lack of communication.



I do not want to make this very long… there is a quote that hit me when I was 19 which goes “stop searching for Mr. Right rather prepare yourself to be Ms. Right.”, our job/role therefore is to keep maturing in our faith so that we are capable of giving HOLY RESPONSES to our suitors.



P.S. Ruth in the Bible has those qualities too

No comments:

Post a Comment