Friday, November 7, 2014

First Time


pic from maxredefaul.jpg

Who would not feel the chill of going to school for the first time?
Who would not hear the throbbing heart on the first night of recitation?
Who would not want moral support on her first job interview?
Who would not want her first love to last forever?

Who would not be awed upon gazing His goodness for the first time?
Who would not agree that a first time could be God's perfect time?
Who does not know that every encounter with God is a refreshed first time?
Great is the Lord who is able to make the the ground fertile
when planted with seeds the first time

Flexibility is a must on first times knowing that coins have two sides
First times are not meant to be a downpour of struggles
Instead, it is a new breathe of hope and opportunity for maturity
Praise Him whose faithfulness and grace are not bound by first times



2014 is a season of first times for me :-)

after years of schooling, Hurrah! i started drafting application letters and resumes, went to see bosses for interviews, got rejected in one office and finally i met my work family when i was almost giving up already. There i am in the office, adjusting in my new environment and struggling to align my body clock to our office hours. Not long after i got hired, my series of court experiences kicked off. I always feared that i could not understand what judges say because my nerves impairs my hearing. I'm getting the hang of it so far :-) due to the repeated instances thereof.

Praise God for the favors in my practice. The first counter-affidavit i prepared was resolved favorably by the provincial prosecutor. The complaint was dismissed for lack of probable cause. The case for support which sucked out the life of me because of its voluminous records that i have to discuss one by one in the JA was also dismissed by the court in favor of our client. By God's grace, I hope that all other cases where i prepared their respective position papers will also be ruled according to our prayer.

I would not miss telling about my first time to teach :-) I taught Criminology students in RMMC. One of my 10, 000 reasons to worship the Lord is the way he sustained me in keeping two jobs where I am a neophyte to both fields. "In time you will learn the craft", was the line told by a co-teacher that hit me with loads of encouragement but my constant push was this line, "to teach is to touch lives forever". If God will allow, in the near future, I'll have 200 more or less police officers as my friends :-). I'll find time to write about my learning from my teaching and my students.



OH NO i'M SHORT WITH TIME TO FINISH THIS... PLZ ADD THIS TO MY TO BE CONTINUED ENTRIES


No comments:

Post a Comment