Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Healthy Heart, Body and Soul


pic taken from happyandraw.com

Acid is produced in my tummy because of stress that is why I resorted to drinking lemon water to cleanse my stomach from it. Two Sundays ago, I bought three (3) American lemon seedlings at Oval Plaza and one of which has a flower already which I hope will form into a fruit soon :-)  Mahal kasi ng lemon sa mall, halos fifty pesos ang isang piraso :-(   

Though I no longer have hyper-acidity, the lemon water continues.


I love eating vegetables and I am not fond of those with preservatives therefore I have no problem with my diet. I am trying my best to be consistent with my pampapawis activities to stay fit and vibrant hehe It is not hard at all to get back to my former cardio health considering that I've been athletic most of my years.  For the last two months, I failed to get back on the track because of my tight schedule but I still braved to run the 3k Philippine Association of Court Employees (PACE) Fun Run. I'll try winning next year. FLO had 19 participants.  Another fun run is set on the 21st of this month. It is a run for a cause event where the proceeds will be used to finance the youth camp of Victory (a fellowship run).

One way I bond with my cousins and friends is through playing badminton with them. Aside from the health benefits that can be derived from it, I ENJOY it so much kaya gora lagi ang lola. Badminton and halo-halo or kahit yelo nalang ay bihira kong tinatanggihan :-P nyahahaha

Cha is my constant companion lately in joining church fellowships, watching movies and malling. Di kasi ako mahilig sa grupo. Pang one on one lagi ang beauty para macareer ang friendship :-)

I hope and pray that her name will be included as one of the passers of the 2014 Bar exam which result is expected to be released next week. It is awesome to have another lawyer in the office specially that she is a sissy in the Lord. We will be dividing the workload as to court hearings but I am more excited as to how we will use our profession to bless others. She is from Lake Sebu kaya time will come that she will be 4th coy's best pal due to proximity. Not that I am leaving them but their interests will be better catered if distance is not a problem. 
I look forward to getting a teaching load in our city's law school so that I could influence more people "future lawyers" to partner with a PNP unit for the better welfare of the community and of the men in uniform.




Speaking of friendship. 
1. My best friend's (Angelie) due is on the 30th of this month, plz pray for strength, a healthy baby, normal and safe delivery.  
2. Althea is back to China.
3. Karen is coming home for a vacation on April after staying in Australia for two years.
4. Mayang lost her baby last November but she is now 10 weeks pregnant. Praise God :-) Please pray that it'll be a good pregnancy this time.
5. Luli (Faith) who is now in Iloilo informed me that they are expecting a baby boy.

Karen is that girl at my right with pink backpack. Amazing it is to have your high school classmate, good friend as your sis in the Lord later. We both became born again christians during college in Iloilo. In the pic, we were with the visiting team from Calvary Chapel Bible College, Okinawa, Japan.  Going to said school was one of my options after college but God directed me to go to law school instead. Being a lawyer does not stop me from maturing in His word and being involved in the ministry.  "I'm not just earning units with you but I'm also learning from you as you continue to live a life of obedience to Him. Thank you for being a sister and a friend to me, Chix! Grateful to have you in our lives. -Luli"

Going back to the topic of health, I bless the Lord that one of the effects of losing weight and regular exercise is having a healthy reproductive system. I have my period today for the month of March :-) It has been coming regularly/monthly since June of 2014 without the need of taking pills. I stopped taking the same since September of 2013. I therefore conclude that the culprit of period irregularity was excessive stress and unhealthy lifestyle of being static most of the time. Having regular period gives me hope that I am destined to marry and have my own family. Hahabol lang ako sa mga friends kong preggy hehe As for now, i-enjoy role na ninang and wonder tita mom.

Convo with Anj

Me: unya, unsa man ang name sa baby boy?
Anj: Junior ni Adlee sa karon pero kung girl kay ako hatag name.
Me: La pa gani kagawas ang panganay kay next na dayun gina-isip. baka makadosena mo ana ha
Anj: Hihi 6 amo target dux
Me: Wow! Ako na ang ika-7 :-)
Anj: Paghimo ug imuha uy!
Me: Nah! ampu-anan paman, asa nato ako pakner in life hehe
Anj: di baleng matagal basta magtatagal :-)

I always believe that it is worth the wait. 

The choice to be healthy is not only for our own benefit but an act of worship knowing that God desires that we take care of ourselves. We could serve Him better if we we have sound bodies and it is sin to deliberately destroy the same specially that we are not the owners thereof but God. How can we take care of others if we do not take care of ourselves. 

1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

To those who has vices, God is able to make you overcome them. Just cooperate with Him because with God nothing is impossible. Every great thing starts with one's commitment to achieve it. The decision is ours. CHOOSE WHAT IS RIGHT :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment