Monday, January 26, 2015

Love and Joy Perfected

as promised, here is the continuation of John 15 picking up from verses 9-17

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
If we want to understand the Father's love then when observe the Son's love. People from the Old testament had a hard time understanding God but when Christ came and demonstrated the greatest love of all on the cross then there is no way we could justify our ignorance of the Father's love. The invitation is the same, that we ABIDE in His love.

10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
This verse shows the way to ABIDE in His love, by keeping His commandments. The ten commandments? Yes and the two greatest commandments found in



Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.


11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
Do not miss the word JOY, if we listen to His words that we abide in His love, yeah, you read it right, our JOY will be FULL. It is not just much joy but full or complete.

12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 
Now this verse is my LIFE VERSE, it capsulized every other commandment to one which is loving others as Christ would love them. Easy said than done but all He asks of us is our yeses and by His Spirit He will empower us to do it. That ANOTHER seems to include everybody, every created being with no exception of those we find detestable to deal with or those we consider as our enemies.
  
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
As mentioned earlier, sacrificial death is the greatest expression of love.

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
Friendship entails a different category of relationship. I have things that I could freely share to my friends but not with my ate or kuya that is friendship should be breed in the family.
I'd like to be God's friend and to be one, I'll keep His precepts.

15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 
Is it not amazing that Jesus did not keep anything from us but fully disclosed everything that the Father has in His heart for us. God is at work and He needs us to accomplish His platform in the human plane.

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
The illustration I remember about this verse is getting inside a door (supposed to be our free will to choose) but if we look back there is signboard noting, I LET YOU IN (now that's God choice who to let in.  Do not misunderstood this as God choosing who is going to heaven and who is going to hell because the invitation of His free salvation is free for all to receive. It is an OPEN invitation without classification. However, God being omniscient has foreknowledge of everything which is not also bound by time. Even before the creation, He knew men would fall, He knew He has to sacrifice Himself to redeem us and He knew who would accept or reject Him.

17 These things I command you, that you love one another.
Of the long discussion, the primary point is underscored here, that is to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment