Tuesday, December 9, 2014

10 is not perfect


UPDATE: PASTOR MARK's message is already included in Proverbs 18:22 post.

NUMBERS DO HAVE MEANINGS. 

7   signifies completion

In Scripture, seven symbolizes completeness or perfection. On the seventh day God rested from his labors and creation is finished (Gn 2:2). Pharaoh in his dream saw seven cattle coming from the Nile (41:2). Samson’s sacred Nazirite locks were braided in seven plaits (Jgs 16:13). Seven devils left Mary of Magdala, signifying the totality of her previous possession by Satan (Lk 8:2); "seven other devils" will enter the purified but vacant life of a person (Mt 12:45). However, on the positive side, there were the seven spirits of God (Rv 3:1). In the seventh year the Hebrew slave was to be freed (Ex 21:2), having completed his time of captivity and service. Every seventh year was a sabbatical year (Lv 25:4). Seven times seven reiterates the sense of completeness. In the Year of Jubilee (at the completion of 7 x 7 years = the 50th year), all land is freed and returns to the original owners (Lv 25:10). Pentecost, the Feast of Weeks, is seven times seven days after Passover. "Seventy," which is literally "sevens" in Hebrew, strengthens the concept of perfection. There are 70 elders (Ex 24:1) in Israel. Israel was exiled to Babylon for 70 years (Jer 25:12) to complete its punishment. "Seventy times seven" (Mt 18:22) reiterates this still further. The Lord was not giving Peter a mathematical number of times that he should forgive another person, but rather was insisting on limitless forgiveness for a brother’s sin.  Excerpt from http://www.biblewheel.com/Topics/Seven_Meaning.php


8   marks a new beginning

Circumcision: The Sign of God's Covenant

This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
Genesis 17:10f
The historic Christian Church has traditionally associated the Number 8 with the entrance into the Covenant of God. This understanding comes from God Himself who commanded Circumcision - the Sign of the Covenant - to be performed on the Eighth Day. God used the same language - אות ברית (Ot B'rit, Sign of the Covenant) - when He gave the Rainbow (Genesis 9.13):
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Genesis 17:10f
The word "rainbow" (קשת, qeshet) used in this verse sums to the Number 800 which also is the value of the Greek words "Lord" and "Faith." It also is the value of the final letter of the Greek alphabet, Omega (cf. Eight and the Resurrection below). This is the essence of Faith - trusting in the Lord who will see us through to the very end, signified by Omega. This lifts us above our present state to behold our Shepherd who is Lord above all. Excerpt from http://www.biblewheel.com/Topics/Seven_Meaning.php

33 is my favorite number

I was a big fan of Victor Pablo that whichever team he belonged in PBA, it gained my undying support :-) His teams then were Shell and Talk'n Text.

When I became a Christian, my favorite number bore a greater meaning. Thirty-three was Jesus' age when He died on the cross :-)


pics taken from: zastavki.com, koozai.com, pprjgetstrong.com



I always knew that I should guard my heart and i do not know why i let the feeling broke in. It only proves that I am human. It was my fault. I let my guard down. May God help me to do it right, next time :-)


Now that i have learned my lesson
It would be foolish to stumble the second time over the same thing
The rejection and shame i felt were nothing compared to the sweet promise i claim

I fell but i will rise strong
With God's grace under my wings
I can guard my heart from feign affections

This God-coated love of mine
I've attempted to share it but it was disregarded
Lord, please give me wisdom to do it right next time 

No comments:

Post a Comment